The move to an annual event provides more opportunities for suppliers to take advantage of the surging demand in the global market for nonwovens, particularly in the medical and personal hygiene sectors. This is especially so in China, where 1.25 million tons of nonwovens were exported in 2020, up 31.6% on the previous year. These goods totalled USD 4.58 billion in value, a year-on-year increase of 62.6%.
Exhibitors and buyers alike were eagerly anticipating the switch to an annual Cinte Techtextil China at last year’s edition. “It’s great that the event will be held annually starting from 2021, which will provide us with more opportunities to meet with different leading suppliers,” Ms Zheng Xiaoqin, Material Engineer at Hyundai Motor Company commented. Mr Sean Sun, Sales Manager of Graf + Cie AG’s Chinese subsidiary, which will exhibit again at this year’s fair, said: “Making this fair an annual one brings only benefits. This is the perfect platform for displaying products and exposing our brand to a wider audience. We can interact with potential clients and establish new contacts.”
Leading nonwovens players out in full force for 2021 edition
Graf + Cie are just one example of a returning exhibitor in the nonwovens field, with the likes of Cotton Council International, Tiandingfeng Nonwovens, CHTC Jiahua Nonwoven, Foshan Nanhai Beautiful Nonwoven, Zhejiang Kingsafe Hygiene Material Technology and Hi-Tech Heavy Industry also participating this June.
Sanitized (China) Ltd outlined the potential for medical and hygiene nonwoven players in particular at last year’s fair. Mr Liu Yong, Sales Manager said: “The antibacterial industry in China has been in a growth period recently, as it is still a bit behind the development of the European and American markets. One of the reasons is that mid-range consumers’ awareness of health and safety wasn’t as strong, so demand wasn’t high. However, because of the pandemic this year, demand from consumers is experiencing a significant increase as they pay more attention to health and hygiene. As a result, we believe the future market, especially in China, will experience rapid growth.”
Highlighted Chinese nonwovens exhibitors
• Tiandingfeng Nonwovens: polyester spunbond needle-punched tyre-based fabrics.
• CHTC Jiahua Nonwoven: various nonwovens products for high-end medical, hygiene and other fields.
• Foshan Nanhai Beautiful Nonwoven: nonwoven fabric rolls (for sanitary materials, medical use and industrial use), medical products (isolation gowns, medical wraps, surgical drapes, surgical gowns, surgical kits, masks and protective clothing) and industrial products (shopping bags, cold storage bags, home storage, car covers and pillowcases).
• Sunshine Hygiene and Health Care Technology Jiangyin: spunlace, meltblown and composite nonwovens for sanitary and medical materials such as dry and wet wipes, medical wipes, facial masks, bed sheets and more.
• Zhejiang Kingsafe Hygiene Material Technology: spunlace, functional composite spunlace, spunbond and functional composite spunbond materials for personal care and sanitary products.
• Hubei Xinrou Hygiene Products: the company has advanced cotton medical, sanitary and spunlace nonwovens production lines.
• Broadenwin Machinery Jiangsu: calender and embossing machine and roller products for the textile printing and dyeing, nonwoven, paper, rubber and other industries.
• Hi-Tech Heavy Industry: their nonwovens machinery includes spunlace and winding machines, cylinder dryers, bale openers, mixers, drafters and more.
• Jinjiang Xingtai Non-Woven Products: they boast various spunlace nonwoven production lines for products such as medical and health care, clothing, shoes and bedding.
• Dalian Huayang New Materials Technology: engaged in high-end spunbond nonwoven fabrics equipment and polyester spunbond technical equipment.
Techtextil Digital Days @ Cinte Techtextil China 2021
Techtextil in Germany and daughter show Cinte Techtextil China are teaming up to launch an online platform, Techtextil Digital Days @ Cinte Techtextil China 2021, to allow exhibitors and buyers to connect seamlessly from anywhere in the world. In particular, Chinese suppliers who would typically exhibit at Techtextil can take part in Cinte Techtextil China with both a physical and online presence, to connect with buyers they would normally meet in Frankfurt. More details can be found here: https://cinte-techtextil-china.hk.messefrankfurt.com/shanghai/en/planning-preparation/OnlineOnsite.html.
Cinte Techtextil China’s product categories cover 12 application areas, which comprehensively span the full range of potential uses of modern technical textiles and nonwovens. These categories also span the entire industry, from upstream technology and raw materials providers to finished fabrics, chemicals and other solutions. This full coverage of product groups and application areas ensures the fair is an effective business platform for the entire industry.
Cinte Techtextil China is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Nonwovens & Industrial Textiles Association (CNITA). To find out more about the fair, please visit: www.techtextilchina.com. For more information about Messe Frankfurt’s worldwide textile fairs, please visit: www.texpertise-network.com.
Notes to editors:
Further press information & picture material
Follow Cinte Techtextil China on social media
Information from the international textiles sector and Messe Frankfurt’s textiles fairs worldwide can be found at: www.texpertise-network.com.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. The Messe Frankfurt Group employs around 2,500* people in a total of 30 subsidiaries. The company generated annual sales of approximately €250* million in 2020 after having recorded sales of €738 million the previous year. Even in difficult times caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are globally networked with our industry sectors. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are expanding our digital expertise with new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
* preliminary figures 2020
- CTC21-PR3-eng (pdf, 419 KB)